Sunday, December 20, 2009

This Post Was My Idea

Have you all seen this advertisement campaign? It's been going on since probably October.

Can anyone explain the idea behind this ad campaign to me?

My best guess is...

"Oh hello. I just finished getting dressed in my still-wet shower. But yes, Windows 7 was my idea. So if it ever fucks up big time you can just blame me. Just mail a letter to "Anonymous PC Person Near Lime Green Wet Wall" and I'll get back in touch with you ASAP. Oh, and if you meet someone else who claims Windows 7 was his or her idea, that person is right, so any complaints should be directed to that unnamed person. Good luck with Windows 7 though!"


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Except that Windows 7 is, surprisingly, a really good and stable OS so far, a point which even the most grizzled Mac addicts have let go, so I suppose what it is really communicating is, "I'm sure some of you will still blindly talk shit about Windows for no apparent reason, but Microsoft actually listened to users' complaints about Windows Vista and has finally, after ages, released a good product."

Your blog is normally fantastic, but this was a really crappy attempt at being snarky.

Maybe you should scale back a bit and analyze some of Apple's shitty ads... because really, identifying your product with a beady-eyed coolguy stereotype really wasn't the best move ever, either.

Joshua Sherman said...

Agreed, Jose. There are plenty of other places to read snark - that's not what this blog is about.

Thanks for the comments!