Sunday, August 29, 2010

Nick Carter: Proto Speed Racer!




I just discovered Nick Carter put out an album called "Before the Backstreet Boys," a collection of songs he must've recorded at a shopping mall karaoke booth when he was a much younger lad, and the album "art" reminded me of (...let's be real, almost everything reminds me of) Speed Racer.







Seriously listen to the Amazon preview of Uptown Girl and tell me Nick Carter is not a genius.

Late Update: Thank you, Sunday reader of my blog.



Late Late Update: I think it's fair to assume Nick Carter reads my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nick didn't put this album out. These were recordings made when he was working with a talent agent in Tampa from age 9-12 in order to teach him how to sing, how to record. He did sing regularly for halftime at Tampa Buccaneer games, did commercials, movie bit parts, etc. They were never originally intended to be released at all-they were for teaching purposes. Of course now that he reached stardom, money can be made off these old recordings and whoever owned them released them.