Saturday, October 3, 2009

Apparently, This Week I Started My New Hobby, Drunk Letter-Writing: DEAR NICOLAS CAGE'S FILM COMPANY,

[ed. note] This, yes, is a REALLY poorly written note. But give me a little credit... do you realize the fine line one must tread when writing an genuinely excited note about Nicolas Cage's talents, and how easily it could be read as farce?

[ed. note 2] uh oh, i think i may be having delusions of grandeur by censoring my phone number. don't forget jim carrey's poignant cry for help "somebody STOP me!"

Transcription:

Dear Saturn Films,

Almost 10 years ago, I met Nicolas Cage at a Christie's car auction at Pebble Beach. I don't remember the year - an Alfa Romeo sold for 4.7 million dollars.

Anyway! He signed my program which meant a lot to me. Fast forward to today... I moved to LA four weeks ago to try to write for TV and I would love to spend my time working for Saturn Films. For free, even. Why? Please keep reading...

I honestly think about how much Nicolas Cage is a genius at least once a day. I am incredibly excited about Bad Lieutenant. Nic and Werner really are my creative dream team, and it would mean so much to me to work for talent I really believe in.

I would love a phone interview if you'd consider it.
Thanks,

Josh

No comments: