Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stargate: Atlantis is amazing


TEYLA: It did not have to be like this. You could have lived with us.

MICHAEL: As a human? My consciousness erased by your retrovirus? No. I will live the rest of my life as I choose. But I can’t do it alone. So, having taken my cue from the experiment your people performed on me, I figured out how to reverse the process -- to create a being even more formidable than a Wraith. It began with the feeding.

I allowed the bug to gorge itself, to absorb as much human D.N.A. as possible. This, of course, led to the death of the subject.

The timing of the feeding was critical -- ensuring that the bug laid its next egg quickly, before the genetic material could filter out of its body.

The embryo then contained enough human D.N.A. for me to manipulate.

I accelerated the development, augmenting the complexity of its physiology. There were several adjustments, several mistakes...

...until I finally found the perfect balance between strength, agility and resilience....

A perfect animal to do my bidding.

No comments: