Friday, January 25, 2008

Are the bands I like APING Saturday Night Live characters?

1) Blitzen Trapper

First off, I want to say I don't like Blitzen Trapper. But I went to a concert, and I would really like to like them, since the Jicks think they are good enough to tour with them and they are constantly compared to having the spirit of Wowee Zowee, which I can understand, but its no Wowee Zowee.
This guy from Blitzen Trapper is obviously from Blue Oyster Cult....


2) Mastodon

The guy from Mastodon also sorta takes after a Will Ferrel character, but I'm going to go with a hybrid. I also think I may be getting him confused with another sort of homeless SNL character.

Wow I just said a lot.... MASTODON IS AMAZING. I just went to their concert with Neurosis in Brooklyn last night. All I want to say is... I am not a man. These guys were incredible. I'm terrified of them hurting me, so I want to remind them this is a website to entertain!!!! Please don't chop my head off.


=

Terrence Maddox, Nude Model
+

Ki-Rok, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Notice how I'm not afraid of Blitzen Trapper. A band is awesome when you are terrified of them. Also the guy from Blitzen Trapper sorta acts like an unfunny Will Ferrell. Which is not necessarily an insult. But it's certainly no compliment.

Again... I would like to like Blitzen Trapper.

No comments: